Saturday, November 12, 2016

Harry Potter Silhouette Painting

Happy November Everyone!

I did this painting a bit ago actually but thought, with the holidays coming up, it might be a good gift idea for the special Harry Potter nerd in your life!

I've mentioned before I love DIY's that let me paint...and I may have mentioned I'm ferociously obsessed with my favorite wizarding world. ;) So, this was the perfect blending of my passions and I have to say, I love how it turned out! 

It was pretty simple. I started out by choosing my favorite HP quote that represented what I was going for:
"Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."

Next, I posed like the muggle I am with my personal wand straight from Ollivander's.


I don't have a picture of this next step, but I printed my muggleshot (get it? muggleshot? mugshot?) and used an exact-o knife to carefully cut out around my silhouette. I then laid it onto the lower corner of my canvas and traced it with a pencil and painted in the silhouette with black paint. Finally, I added some Potter-esque swirls coming out of my wand in what I hope channels a Patronus, and painted on my quote! Ta-da! 


I don't like my handwriting or spacing but I still love it. 

So, do you think you'll be making your own magical silhouette? Comment your painting below - I think this allows for so much creativity and I'd love to see what you come up with!




No comments:

Post a Comment