Saturday, June 4, 2016

I bought 2 weeks of groceries while sitting on my couch with Walmart Grocery!

Hi Guys!
Have you heard about Walmart's Grocery option where you can order your groceries online and pick them up at the store for FREE? It's amazing! My roommate and I heard about it and had some questions, but thought "Hey, we'll try it out and if it doesn't work out we won't do it again."

Turns out, this is how we'll be buying our groceries from now on! We already shopped for groceries at Walmart because I believe it's where you can get the most bang for your buck. The downside is I have SUCH a low tolerance for buggy rage, 2 hours of shopping even with a list, or ridiculous check out lines. So, I was quite intrigued by the Walmart Grocery idea. Here's how it went down...

1. We went to the online site: http://grocery.walmart.com

2. Checked our zip code

3. Registered an account

4. Picked our groceries

5. Reserved a time slot

6. And picked them up!

Now, this is where things got impressive. We called the number when we arrived and were promptly greeted by this nice man who gave us our grocery print out and told us to relax in the car!

                                                                                 The print out was nice to have because it showed all of our items, their price, and even showed the temperatures that our groceries were stored in!


When it came to our bread and eggs, he gave them to me up front to hold, also asking us to check that our eggs weren't cracked! Maybe I don't get out much, but this was fancy service to me! 

 
Finally, he explained to us what our substitutions were (something we knew was a possibility), of which there was only one. I ordered a pound of brussel sprouts and they were substituted for a generic brand (PictSweet) of the same amount. I loved that it was clear what was substituted. No guesswork!


 Before we left, we also got a reusable bag of goodies! I was SO impressed by this point! It included a sample of Aveeno shampoo and conditioner, a small bottle of Palmolive dish soap, a goodnessknows bar, and a pamphlet explaining the products! 


The last thing that was a bonus was that our bill ended up costing about $10 less than the online quote. How it works is after you choose all your groceries, they quote you a price for the total. It can vary for two reasons. 1) They might have to substitute one or several items with a different brand or quantity. 2) Some items you can't choose an exact quantity. The first reason I have zero issue with. The second reason was a little weird to me. For example, we wanted 1 lb of beef stew meat. Our only option was to choose 1-3 lbs at $5 a pound. I'm not sure of the process they use to figure out what amount you get, but this was the only product that had this limitation. And because we only got about 1 lb of meat after all, our bill was $10 cheaper than quoted! Nice!

Again, I don't know about you, but this was sooooo much easier than going grocery shopping! We got to sit on our couch and comfortably pick out what we needed, checking recipes with ease for missing ingredients, and all without dodging slow movers, long lines, or buying a bunch of tasty looking crap we don't need. We never even had to get out of the car!

So, all in all, I give Walmart Grocery a 10/10 and will definitely be using this FREE service exclusively for groceries in the future! I highly recommend you give it a shot! I am not being endorsed for this post. All opinions are my own. 


No comments:

Post a Comment