Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Product Review: Pond's Facial Cleansers

Ask your mom, grandma, or even your great-grandma about Pond's and more than likely they'll know what you're talking about. Originally known as "vanishing cream", Pond's cold cream has been a staple on the market since the 1910's. I'll be reviewing the current iteration of Pond's cold cream as well as it's modern counterparts, Pond's Original Fresh Wet Cleansing Towelettes and Luminous Clean Towelettes.

First up: Pond's Cold Cream



When I was 16, a friend introduced me to cold cream as an eye makeup remover. We usually wore a lot of eyeliner and mascara so it was a godsend. The cream is soothing as you apply it and easily removes any amount of eye makeup with tissue paper or cotton pads. My only critique is that it does leave your skin a little greasy so I only use the cold cream to remove eye makeup rather than applying it to my entire face.

Next: Pond's Original Fresh Wet Cleansing Towelettes



This is my absolute favorite cleansing product of all time. This article brings to light the notion that using facial wipes to remove makeup and impurities can replace a full face wash. Good news for a lazy girl's routine! I'm also of the mindset that less is more and you don't necessarily need ten products to care for your skin. So, with how much I swear by Pond's cold cream, I was ecstatic to find these wipes. And they are amazing! They have a wonderful smell that isn't too harsh or fragrant, so it leaves your skin smelling fresh and clean. The material of the wipe is soft and smooth on the skin where others can be abrasive. The best part, though, is their versatility. These wipes are strong enough to remove facial makeup as well as lip and eye makeup. They leave your skin so incredibly soft, too. So, at the end of the day, I get fresh, clean skin in a snap with one wipe. Any eye makeup that is difficult to remove, I just use my cold cream to take care of it.

Last: Pond's Luminous Clean Towelettes



Finally, there's the Luminous Clean Towelettes. They're the same as the original wipes but if you can believe it, they leave your skin even smoother and brighter than the original wipes. This is thanks to the minerals and soft white Kaolin Clay that draws out deep impurities. I generally save these for morning use because of how much it wakes up my skin.

As you can see, I'm on the Pond's bandwagon wholeheartedly but with good cause and proven results. Clearly decades of experience has benefited this brand for it to be so successful over a hundred years later! I highly recommend giving all three of these products a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment