Wednesday, June 25, 2014

5 Easy Tips to Get Healthy!

Hi!
Welcome to my blog and my first post!

Being a woman, I often find myself cringing at the mention of bikinis, "skinny" jeans, and (eek) health food. Most women are always trying to shed a couple pounds for whatever reason. Being a college student, I faced the freshmen 15 (or 20...) and have since gotten comfortable eating mostly whatever I want. But getting older means my metabolism is only headed south for the winter. So, at this point I am embarking on an endeavor to get HEALTHY, NOT lose weight. True I have dieted before and the approach remains similar, however it is your mindset that will lead you to victory in the end. So, as a humble start I've compiled five easy tips that will point me in the right direction.

1. Drink water over other drinks as much as humanly possible. Water restores skin vitality, focus, and helps keep the system moving smoothly to flush out toxins. 
2. Portion control! Did you know dinner plates used to be a heck of a lot smaller? Try using a saucer or luncheon plate for meals so you don't run into a case of your eyes being bigger than your stomach scenario.
3. Treat Week Day. I'm so bad about thinking I have to have a dessert each day. Reserve your Ben & Jerry's to one or two days to help with moderation.
4. Whole grains! Try substituting wheat for white if you haven't already. Throw in brown rice, oatmeal, and quinoa with your meals. It keeps you fuller, longer!
5. "Dessert". As I said, I can't keep eating dessert every single day. Instead, I treat myself to dark chocolate or a mashed banana with honey to curb my appetite.

But most importantly, remember to think only of the positive choices your making, remind yourself that you're able, and that it's never too early or too late to get healthy!


No comments:

Post a Comment